Aol: Hey, guys! Today, we are going to tell you about one of the major mail service providers in the world. The name of the email service provider is American Online, shortly called AOL Inc which is also styled as AoI. By the end of the article, we make sure that you are going to learn AOL signup and login. Meanwhile, we are also going to give an introduction to what the company is about.
Before getting into the details on how to create AOL signup and login, let us find out a bit about the history of the company as well. As of now, the company is backed and branded by Verizon Communications. AOL has the history as one of the first pioneers when the internet began in the mid-1990s and is also one of the most recognized brands by most of the American citizens even now. When the company started, it provided the services like dial-up service to its citizens with a web portal, instant messaging and also later with emails as well.
This followed by a browser when AOL purchased the Netscape. At the peak of its popularity, the company has brought the media company Time Warner which was then considered as one of the largest mergers in the history of the United States of America. Thereafter the decline of AOL had started and it is because of the decline, AOL eventually had to have a separation from Times Warner in the year 2009 with the slow-down in their business by appointing Tim Armstrong as the CEO for the company. Under the leadership, the company invested in many of the brands like advertising fields and the other fields where the company has started seeing the growth.
Fast forward to the future, three years back, in the year 2015 June 23, AOL was bought by Verizon Communications for a whopping price of $4.4 billion. Following the merger, another deal was made between Microsoft which lead to the acquiring of several tech properties, what includes the Millennial Media and Kanvas to bolster their mobile ad-tech capabilities.
Well, it was not all a cake walk or the AOL and the success and fame that came in the mid-1990s has a history again. The whole journey of AOL had begun in the year 1983 with a short-term plan as a company called Video Corporation or CVC in the beginning and later it took a major turn.
The underlying trip of AOL had started in the year 1983, as a fleeting endeavor called Control Video Corporation or CVC, established by Bill Von Meister. Around then, the sole item from AOL has propelled Alto Mail a couple of years back in an offer to bode well o progressively jumbled email with a slicker look and sorting out highlights like the Dashboard and an alluring User Interface. Nonetheless, it is certain that this approach isn’t sufficiently charming now that AOL has possessed the capacity to absorb into the Verizon’s Oath image. The Alto group tells its clients that it is going to close down Alto Mail as the advances to deal with it ‘something new and energizing’ under the Oath’s umbrella.
Also Read: Mail Login
The versatile applications of AOL are shut since November 9th, and Alto is finishing support for all the applications on December 10th. This doesn’t imply that the Alto’s impact will vanish. On the best the baffling item, the designers are hoping to consolidate their know-how into the ‘current furthermore, future items and encounters’ regardless it implies that Alto Mail is leaving, however.
Coming back to the web-based service providers like American Online, you can get the access to the website from any of the devices that you are using like a smartphone, PC or a tablet or any device with a modern Web Browser. From here, you can sign up a free AOL Mail account just by visiting the AOL website. From what you see here is the process of creating an account in the AOL.
- First, you have to visit AOL Mail ‘Sign In’ web page where you have to select the ‘Sign up for a FREE account’ link.
- There you have to give in your name or you can say, the username and any other required information on the ‘Let’s create your account’ form where you have to select the ‘Sign Up’ button. An alternate email address is needed for the AOL’s confirmation process.
- Now, you have to login to your email account which is an alternative one and then open the confirmation message from AOL.
- Here, click on “Yes, I made this request” link in the inbox of your mail and from there, the body return you to the AOL’s website.
- This is like the final step where you have to select the final password and then select the ‘Sign In’ in order to verify and then activate your account, and then click on the ‘OK’ button as the final step.
Creating a free account is plain simple in the AOL. This is why the AOL login and signup are easy to do. Let’s now check on how to clear a free account on AOL after signing up in the AOL.
How to Cancel Your Free Account?
- To cancel the free account, you have to first sign in to AOL and then type the answer to the security question, and then click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Manage My Subscriptions’ and then click on the option ‘Cancel’ in Your AOL Plan Section. You have to click here only because this is where the option is there.
- You will be given options to cancel where you have to select from the given options and then click on ‘Cancel’.
We are at the end of the article. Before leaving, here are a tip and a warning from our side. You can cancel the AIM account on the Manage My Services page, but you can’t access the old emails or reactivate the account once you cancel it. So, think before taking an action.